Monday, August 3, 2009

My baby toe on my right foot has been numb for the past week.?

My baby toe on my right foot has been numb for the past week. I wear comfortable shoes and I don't remember injuring it. There is no pain, but it definitely feels weird and the longer it's numb, the more concerned I am. Should I be concerned?

My baby toe on my right foot has been numb for the past week.?
It sounds as if you have something pressing on the sciatic nerve. Have you had any back pain or a sharp pain in your butt or leg on that side?


It should get better on its own, but you may notice some back pain as it does which should also improve with time.


Be aware of your posture and try to maintain a "neutral spine " position, especially when bending. You might also try Pilate's and other core strengthening exercises to head off increasing problems with your back. Good Luck.
Reply:Numbness of the toes generally is a result of conditions that affect the nerves and/or blood vessels that supply the foot. Numbness of the toes is often associated with tingling. This is referred to as paresthesia of the toes. There are many possible reasons for the numbness including nerve damage/compression, vasculitis, diabetes, etc. It has happened to me before, and was just a matter of a compressed nerve in my back/hip area. I adjusted the way I sat at my desk at work, and the way I slept, and all was well within a few days. I would suggest seeing a doctor if the numbness spreads or continues for longer than a couple of weeks.



computer security

No comments:

Post a Comment